Friends of Dorothy
Friends of Dorothy
At the Amazon page for my book, you can explore both print and digital versions of the book. I will describe the functions as I see them on my browser, Firefox. It might be somewhat different for you in another browser.
On the left is the cover with the words “Look inside↓” If you click on either the cover or the words, a LOOK INSIDE! window appears. Only a small portion of “preview” pages are available here, but it is still pretty cool. There are several ways to navigate from here:
1) There is a BOOK SECTIONS window on the left. Certain parts of the book are listed that you can travel directly to.
2) You can SCROLL through the pages that get displayed by using the down arrow on the bottom right.
3) You can JUMP from page to page with the blue left and right arrows.
4) The TABLE OF CONTENTS (second page after cover) has most chapters, appendixes and sections highlighted and you can jump directly those.
5) There is a SEARCH INSIDE THIS BOOK window on the left, below BOOK SECTIONS. Words entered here will be matched against the complete book. So, for example, if you search on “rufus,” you will get 14 results, some of which are highlighted blue and clickable, and others are grey that you can’t see the page of. The page for the first blue ‘hit’ is displayed to the right.
6) SURPRISE ME is another option that shows up in various places in addition to being listed in the BOOK SECTIONS window.
There is the same “look inside” logo. This puts you in a continuous set of unnumbered pages called a “sample” that goes up to what would be page 21. You land at the beginning of the Foreword, where the text of the book begins.
1) You can SCROLL back to see the earlier pages such as Table of Contents, or go forward for more text.
2) You can JUMP to the next or previous screen with the blue left and right arrows. The next screen overlaps a few lines with the previous screen.
3) The two SECTIONS listed take you to the cover and the beginning of text (in my case, the Foreword).
4) There are LINKS in the lists before the Foreword, such as the Table of Contents and list of Figures, but they work for pages in the sample. Links to outside the book work, such as those to my website and Dark Ink Press.
Explore! Poke around! Discover! Have fun!